President & Chief of Diabetes Research, Madras Diabetes Research Foundation
Chairman & Chief Diabetologist, Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre, Chennai – 600 086, India
- Dr. V. Mohan is an internationally acclaimed Diabetologist and Scientist who has been working for over 40 years in the fields of Diabetes Research, Health Care, Education and Charity.
- Dr. Mohan has 1,140 research publications, which includes 743 original articles, 151 chapters in textbooks and 246 review articles/editorials.
- His work has received 55,552 citations with a h-index of 106.
- Dr. Mohan’s field of interest include Epidemiology of Diabetes, Genomics of Diabetes and Precision Diabetes.
- Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre (DMDSC) established by Dr. Mohan has 45 branches in 10 states of India and treats 430,000 diabetic patients.
- Dr. Mohan has trained over 3000 Community Medicine Specialists in 96 medical colleges and over 12,500 Physicians in 170 towns and cities in India on diabetes management.
- Dr. Mohan was conferred the Harold Rifkin Distinguished International Service in the Cause of Diabetes Award by American Diabetes Association for the year 2018. He is the first Indian to be conferred this award.
- In 2012, Dr. Mohan was awarded the Padma Shri, one of the highest civilian award of the Govt. of India.
Link to publications: http://drvmohan.com/research_publications.html