Dr. Prabitha has worked at Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialities Centre, Gopalapuram, Chennai as Consultant Ophthalmologist since 2001, she was appointed Head of Glaucoma Department and Executive Consultant in 2007. Dr Prabitha has 18 years clinical and research experience in field of screening and management of eye diseases related to diabetes. She has been involved in the diabetic retinopathy screening study using smartphone based Remidio fundus on phone camera, the results of which were published in PLOS journal 2015. She was associated in the Comparison Among Methods of Retinopathy Assessment (CAMRA) Study: Smartphone (using iPhone 5 and a 20 diopter condensing lens), Nonmydriatic, and Mydriatic Photography. She has also been involved in the Chunampet Rural Diabetes Prevention Project (CRDPP). Dr Prabitha has several publications and chapters in the field of Diabetic Retinopathy in reputed national and international journals.
- Prathiba V, Rajalakshmi R, Rema M. Diabetic Retinopathy In: Microvascular Complications of Diabetes. ECAB Clinical Update: Diabetology, Elsevier, a division of Reed Elsevier India Private Limited, Haryana. 2009.
- Review Article: Vijayaraghavan Prathiba and Mohan Rema. Teleophthalmology: A Model For Eye Care Delivery in Rural And Underserved Areas Of India. International Journal of Family Medicine. Volume 2011 (2011), Article Id 683267.
- Mohan V, Deepa M, Pradeepa R, Prathiba V, Anjana RM, et al. Prevention of Diabetes in Rural India with a Telemedicine Intervention. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, November 2012, Volume 6, Issue 6: Pages 1355–1364.
- Chapter titled –“ Diabetic Retinopathy” by Prathiba V in Text book of Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI) third edition.
- Mohan V, Prathiba V and Pradeepa, R Tele-diabetology to Screen for Diabetes and Associated Complications in Rural India: The Chunampet Rural Diabetes Prevention Project Model. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, 2014 ;8(2):256-261
- Ryan ME, Rajalakshmi R, Prathiba V, Mohan V, Ward LA, Lynn MJ, Hendrick AM et al. Comparison Among Methods of Retinopathy Assessment (CAMRA) Study: Smartphone Nonmydriatic, and Mydriatic Photography. 2015 Oct;122(10):2038-43.
- Rajalakshmi R, Arulmalar S, Usha M, Prathiba V, Kareemuddin KS, Anjana RM,Mohan V. Validation of Smartphone Based Retinal Photography for Diabetic Retinopathy Screening. PLoS One. 2015 Sep 24;10(9)
- Rajalakshmi R, Prathiba V, Mohan V. Does tight control of systemic factors help in the management of diabetic retinopathy? Indian J Ophthalmol. 2016 Jan;64(1):62-8.
- Srivastava Brijendra Kumar, Ramya B, Prathiba V, Mohan V.Systemic Factors Affecting Diabetic Retinopathy J Diabetol 2018 ; 9: 73-7